Doux Shea Butter w/ Hemp Seed Oil
All natural body butter to keep skin healthy
De Salu Naturals Shea Butter is full of essential all-natural vitamin A, and our shea butter is 100 percent pure, unrefined, raw Shea Butter. Shea Butter is essential to aid in numerous skin conditions such as blemishes and dealing with wrinkles. Our Shea Butter is excellent for the prevention of stretch marks during pregnancy.
Ingredients: Shea Butter & Hemp Seed Oil
Benefits of Shea Butter:
1. Healing Qualities: Shea butter is known for its healing properties that can be attributed to the presence of several fatty acids and plant sterols such as oleic, palmitic, stearic and linolenic acids. These oil-soluble components do not undergo saponification or convert into soap on coming in contact with alkali. Shea butter is more non-saponifiable than other nut oils and fats, thus imparting it a great healing potential for the skin. Raw, unrefined shea butter is effective in curing skin rashes, skin peeling after tanning, scars, stretch marks, frost bites, burns, athletes foot, insect bites and stings, arthritis, and muscle fatigue.
2. Antioxidants: Shea butter contains plant antioxidants, such as vitamins A and E, as well as catechizes. Vitamins A and E protect the cells from free radicals and environmental damage. The cinnamic acid esters in the shea fat help in preventing skin damage from ultraviolet radiation.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Shea butter has several derivatives of cinnamic acid that exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. Research has proved that in addition to its anti-inflammatory benefits, lupeol cinnamate found in shea butter prevents the development of tumors. Its anti-inflammatory properties render it beneficial for the improvement of skin conditions.
4. Sun Protection: Shea butter acts as a natural sunscreen by providing protection against the ultraviolet radiations of the sun, though the level of protection offered may be variable. Shea butter is considered as the best skin care for winter and after-sun care as it provides the extra moisture, nutrients, and protection needed by your skin during the cold season and summer.
5. Healing Agent: Shea butter has amazing healing properties. It is often used as a base in medicinal ointments due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It has been used since ages for the treatment of scars, eczema, blemishes, skin discolorations, chapped lips, stretch-marks, dark spots, and in reducing the irritation caused by psoriasis. Due to its high content of vitamin A, it is effective in promoting healing and disinfection and soothes skin allergies like poison ivy and insect bites. Vitamin F acts as a rejuvenator for soothing and healing rough and chapped skin.
6. Anti-Aging: Shea butter is considered as one of the best anti-aging and moisturizing agents for the skin. It stimulates the production of collagen, the youthful scaffolding protein in the skin. The vitamins A and E found in this butter keep the skin supple, nourished, and radiant, and prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines. Shea butter penetrates the skin easily, without clogging the pores, and is effective for dry skin.
7. Baby Care: Shea butter is an excellent natural moisturizer that is devoid of chemicals. Thus, it is ideal for baby care as besides being gentle and soft on the skin, it is specially adapted for the delicate and sensitive skin of babies. It can be used for after bath application on the skin and also for healing eczema or diaper rash on the skin of babies.
8. Soothes Dry And Irritated Scalp: Shea butter is effective in soothing a dry, itchy scalp or dandruff. It possesses anti-inflammatory qualities and gets absorbed into the skin without leaving a greasy residue or clogging the pores. Being rich in vitamins A and E, it soothes dryness, repairs breakage and mends split ends. Hence, it is extremely effective in providing relief from a dry scalp, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
9. Moisturizer: The presence of vitamins A and E makes shea butter an excellent moisturizer to moisturize your hair from the roots to the tips. Thus, it can be used as a natural conditioner. It is highly effective in locking in moisture, without leaving the hair greasy or heavy. Shea butter has wide usage in curly hair treatments due to its emollient qualities. A number of chemical treatments like straighteners, perms, curlers, etc. are responsible for stripping off the natural moisture from the hair. Shea butter can help restore this lost moisture.
10. Hair Softener: Shea butter is great for softening and revitalizing damaged and brittle hair. Due to its non-greasy nature, it helps to control and spread the excess oil in the scalp. Massaging the hair with generous amounts of shea butter can give soft and silky tresses. This benefit of shea butter is applicable for dry as well as fragile, curly hair. Shea butter should be applied twice a week for hair growth, improving the hair texture and moisturizing the hair.
Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil:
- Hemp Oil Regenerates and Energizes The Skin’s Protective Layer: Due to its high content of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, hemp oil has a composition similar to skin lipids, which makes it an excellent natural emollient and moisturizer. It is especially useful for dry, tired or dehydrated skin and nails. It increases the skin elasticity and water retention capacity in tissues. Pure hemp oil can be used to treat dry hair and is often included in hair conditioners.
- Hemp Oil Can Help Prevent Psoriasis: Psoriasis is caused by a deficiency of omega-6 fatty acids in the body. The fatty acids present in hemp oil help improve skin oxygenation and hydration.
- Hemp Oil Can Help Prevent Varicose Veins: Like other compounds high in omega-3s, hemp oil can thin your blood, reducing blood clots and varicose veins.
- Rich In Supplements: Not only is hemp oil rich in vitamins A and E, but it also contains trace amounts of important minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus. Ingesting it improves cardiovascular health and blood flow to the skin. It is also high in antioxidants, which are elements that prevent or slow cell damage. Because of this property, some people believe that the regular application of hemp oil slows the aging of the skin.
- Plumps Tired & Dry Skin: Rejuvenates the skin, creating a more youthful glow.
- Fights Acne: One of the most effective benefits of Hemp Seed Oil for the skin is it can be used to heal and calm acne-prone skin.
- Heals Eczema: Hemp Seed Oil soothes, calms and relieves itchy, painful, dry, inflamed and red eczema patches on the skin.
- Prevents Premature Aging: Rich in antioxidants, Hemp Seed Oil is a powerful anti-aging natural ingredient for smooth wrinkle-free skin.